Top Five Friday

Friday, April 10, 2015



1. Future Hearts - All Time Low

Yes, I still buy CDs. A crazy thought for some people, but I enjoy having something physical to hold on to and look at. That being said, I love this CD! I've been waiting for them to release something new for a while and this did not disappoint! This has been one of my favorite bands for the past... eight or so years? It's hard to pick my favorite songs, but you should definitely listen to "Something's Gotta Give" "Kids in the Dark" and "Satellite" to start with. I'm going to see them live in concert at the Masquerade in Atlanta later this month and I am so pumped!

2. Talenti Gelato - Caramel Cookie Crunch

As you can tell from the picture, I have been enjoying this delicious gelato quite a bit! It's almost time for me to run out and get some more. This is by far my favorite ice cream (gelato) to have at home. It's basically vanilla with caramel swirls, chocolate bits and big crunchy chocolate cookie bites!

3. Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones returns (finally!) this Sunday and I can hardly wait! I have officially subscribed to HBO Now and I am prepared for the return of this exciting show. If you haven't watched it and you're wondering, "Is it worth the hype?" I'm here to scream in your face, YES! So get over whatever is stopping you and jump on this amazing bandwagon! I know I'll be frantically texting my best friend Kim about every single scene and death (there will probably be at least 15 in the first episode). You have around three days to binge watch 4 seasons. Winter is Coming.

4. The Masters

Hailing from the great state of Georgia, I have a certain pride for the Masters (which are held in Augusta if you didn't know). I've gotten into golf quite a bit over the past couple of years. I've played a few rounds with my brother and I even took golf as my P.E senior year of college. It may seem a bit boring to an outsider, but once you've played you understand just how impressive the sport is. I'm by no means great at golf, but I really enjoy it! I hope to one day attend the Masters, but for now I settle for watching it on my television. Who am I cheering for this year? Bubba Watson (gotta root for the UGA boy), Rory McIlroy and I am quickly becoming very impressed by Jordan Spieth.

5. Painting

This last Friday favorite is more of an activity. I love to paint, but I hadn't done much of it until lately. The past month I've been painting up a storm! I've got a nice little gallery wall going in my apartment. I'm really excited to share some of my favorite pieces on here later! I typically use acrylic paint on basic canvases. I get inspiration from Pinterest, Instagram and just random places. I love making each piece my own, even if I'm using someone else's design. Painting is fun and relaxing for me and I love hanging that finished piece on my wall.


I hope you all have an amazing Friday! Let me know what you've been loving this week!

xx Kristen

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!