Atlanta Adventures: Krog Street Market

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Krog Street Market is this cute marketplace near Old Forth Ward in Midtown. It runs right up to an entrance for the Atlanta BeltLine and is the perfect place to spend the afternoon! I went with my two friends Ashley and Allie and their adorable dogs. Here's the lowdown on KSM:

Parking was a slight struggle, Allie and I got lucky with the gravel lot right across from KSM, but Ashely had to use valet. Not awful, just something to keep in mind. The market is in what I assume is some kind of old warehouse or factory? It looks super cool and industrial from the outside.
I had never been to KSM so I actually assumed it was like a farmers market or something. It's not, just so you know. It consists of a beer and wine store, a few small merchants (flowers, candles and such), a few super cool looking bars, two restaurants (with two more right next door) and then some food places that you walk up to and take away to eat in the building or just outside.
Dogs aren't allowed inside so we ate at the big tables located outside and took turns going inside and staying with the dogs. The only thing that sucked is that you can't take the beer outside so we couldn't drink and bring the dogs.
Ashely got dumplings and Allie and I got BBQ from Grand Champion BBQ. It was pretty delicious and the staff at the BBQ place was soo awesome! The food was fresh and I would for sure eat it again. I had pulled pork, but the brisket Allie got looked amazing. I also got a sample of their sausage and that was delicious as well!

The segment of the Beltline that they've finished apparently runs from Piedmount Park to right where we were. The dogs were tired and we weren't really prpared to walk 10 miles, so we only went to the bridge. However, it's definitely something we want to do! It's really cool and there are restaurants and bars all along the way apparently. We did run into some kids selling organic lemonade (did I mention it's the hipster part of town?) and we bought a few glasses. I will say it was delicious and refreshing.
It was a lovely Sunday spent with friends exploring new parts of Atlanta! I can't wait to go back to KSM and to walk the BeltLine!
Have you been to Krog Street Market?! Let me know what you loved about it!

xx Kristen

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!