All Time Low Concert

Monday, April 27, 2015


All Time Low has been one of my favorite bands since high school. Many people who asked what concert I was going to see Saturday night simply said, "why?" to my response. This pop-punk music that All Time Low has perfected over the years is something most people my age have "grown out of." It's seen as angst ridden, winey and maybe a little dark. However, I didn't see ATL as a phase, I saw them as an amazing band that I love.

I honestly don't care what people think of my music taste, I like who I like and I love live music. It's as simple as that. So with that being said, I loved seeing All Time Low live. The Atlanta Civic Center ended up being a great place for them to preform and even though we were kinda in the back, it wasn't a bad view.

All Time Low actually has 6 CDs out, so they did a pretty good job of working all of them in there. They hit most of their singles and hits, didn't play too much off their first record and they did two acoustic songs. Now, I LOVE acoustic songs. When this type of band gets out the acoustic guitar or a piano, I flip. Sadly, the two acoustic songs they preformed are not my favorite songs. My excitement dwindled a little there, but everyone else in the audience seemed to appreciate them.

I've said this before I'm sure, but I always enjoy when bands play covers of songs they like. It's cool to get a new take on a song and it's fun knowing the kind of music a band you like listens to. Toward the end of the show All Time Low preformed Blink-182's "Small Things." It was really hyped and fun and they did a great job with it.

One of the more fun things about smaller concerts like this one (as opposed to stadium tours) is that there is a lot more interaction with the crowd. They joke around, they try and hear what you're saying, they'll read the signs you brought, and in ATL's case, collect the bras you throw on stage. I'll never understand that thought process... Anyways, All Time Low actually had a bunch of fans come up on stage and sing Time Bomb with them so that was pretty awesome! Honestly, I don't know what I would do if I ended up on stage, probably just awkwardly sing along and bop to the music.

Overall it was everything I wanted in a concert from them. I got to jump up and down, scream along to all of my favorite songs and feel the rush of live music that I love. There were a lot of young girls in the crowd, a lot of moms chaperoning, but I felt like I was right where I belonged. Music doesn't care how old I am, it'll always be there for me.

I like a lot of different kinds of music, and I'm not going to pretend like it doesn't bother me when people judge me for bands I like. Honestly, they're the ones missing out though. Pop-punk music is high energy, sarcastic, a little dark at times, but most importantly it's fun! I think that's why I love it so much.

I'll leave you with this backdrop they had up before they started their set, and a few of my favorite All Time Low songs.  

xx Kristen

 
Something's Gotta Give - All Time Low
Dear Maria, Count Me In- All Time Low
Weightless - All Time Low
The Reckless and The Brave - All Time Low
Time Bomb - All Time Low






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!