9 Tips For Decorating Your Office Desk

Thursday, April 16, 2015

 Make your office cubicle feel more like home with these tips! We spend so much time at the office and staring at the same gray walls can make the day seem so much worse. Add your own personality to your boring cubicle to facilitate creativity and to inspire you to work harder!

1. Add height. 
If you have no room to spread out, add more space by creating shelves. This is a file organizer from Target that I turned on its side. 
2. Keep your hands happy.
I like to keep hand sanitizer, lotion and chapstick at my desk. Working in an office can really dry out your hands and lips. It's nice to have these close by when I need them. 

3. Drink up. 
Keeping a cup full of water or a water bottle at your desk helps you drink more water throughout the day! I also have a coffee cup and tea at my desk in case I want to brew a cup. 

4. Keep your loved ones close.
Keeping pictures of friends and family can really brighten your mood. It's nice to be reminded of the people you love and the good times you've had with them.  

5. Go green.
Add some green to your desk with small plants or succulents! These don't need a lot of water or direct sunlight. I set the small potted plant in a decorative dip bowl from Target to dress it up. 

6. Personalize your space.
It's those personal touches that really go a long way. I keep my pens and highlighters in a decorative coffee mug so they're nearby, but also because it adds a decorative element. You can also see gold accents with both the K and the rectangular dish where I keep odds and ends. It's the small details like these that can really pull your desk together.  

7. Make taking notes fun.
Forget the boring legal pads, opt for some cute notebooks that you'll be proud to have on your desk! 

8. Stay organized with a calendar. 
Having a small desk calendar really helps me stay organized and keeps me from missing any deadlines. I prefer having it on my desk so I can write things on it when I need to, but hanging it would be another great option. 

9. Tune them out.
I stay focused by listening to music while I work. It's a necessity to me! I wish I had better headphones honestly, I'm saving up for some cute Bose ones that go over my ear. However, until then my pink earbuds keep me sane in a sometimes loud office.  Although not really decorations, they can be fun and functional and look great on your desk! 


It’s all about mixing functionally with personal and beautiful details! What are some tips you have for decorating your office desk? I'm always looking for more inspiration! 

xx Kristen 

1 comment:

  1. how come I can't like any of your posts?
    proud of you for staying hydrated!

    ReplyDelete