Trivia Night: Fado Irish Pub

Sunday, May 31, 2015

If you know me at all, you know I LOVE trivia. I think all those random facts and all that irrelevant information is actually really interesting. Thusly, I'm a sucker for Trivia Night at just about any restaurant. It's fun to try out different ones because some are harder than others, or even geared toward an older audience. So trust me when I say this won't be my only Trivia Night post.
Fado Irish Pub in Buckhead is wonderful in general. They have delicious food and the coolest atmosphere. When I first moved to Atlanta this was one of the first places I ate at. When the weather is nice, you MUST sit upstairs on their rooftop deck. It's classic Irish Pub food, and honestly you can't go wrong with anything on their menu. I ordered their chicken tenders and my friends got their fish and chips cup and some loaded chips (their fries are seriously amazing). 

What would Trivia Night be without beer? I ordered this cool Belgian beer flight which had a sample of Stella, Leffe and Hoegaarden. It was really cool and it's great if you want to try some beers you haven't before or if you can't decide! 
This is probably one of my favorite trivia spots. The questions aren't super easy, but they're also not so difficult that you have no fun. They usually have a good mix of categories and in between the rounds they have trivia that's on a sheet of paper that has pictures or slogans or songs. This time we had a sheet where we had to identify actors from a screenshot of them in a movie and a sheet with infomercial tag lines that we had to match to their products (think Kaboom and ShamWow). 

We didn't do great, but we didn't get last which is always a great goal to have! It was really fun and we love coming back to Fado for trivia.

New Things I learned in Trivia:
1. What 2001 Patriots quarterback suffered a career ending injury in 2001 to pave the way for Tom Brady to start his career? Bledsoe

2. What famous criminal made so much money that he spent $2,500 on rubber bands each month just to bundle all of his cash? Pablo Escobar

3. What country shares the same flag colors as the Ivory Coast but in the opposite order and begins with the same first letter? Ireland 

Hope you're enjoying the last day of May! 
xx Kristen 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!