Atlanta Adventures: Braves vs. Pirates

Monday, June 8, 2015

Is there anything better than summer nights at the Ted? My second game of the season was very different from my first on Opening Weekend! This time I actually got to watch the entire game! There is a lot of fun in tailgating for a Braves game, but sometimes you can lose the baseball experience! Especially when you don't get into the game until the 7th inning like last time.

This time we showed up before the first pitch and didn't leave until it was over so I'm very prepared to give you a breakdown of all the best parts of attending an Atlanta Braves baseball game!
1. Exploring the Stadium

I love Turner Field! Sadly they will be moving from the Ted soon, so I love exploring the stadium as much as I can. When you get to the game a little early you have a chance to walk around and see all that the Braves have to offer!

If you have access to the 755 club check it out, it's a great place to eat and drink in an air conditioned space. You can get a few different views of the field from the second level and the first level right above the bull pens. For a bird's eye view head up to the sky field (not positive that's what it's called). There's giant chairs you can take pictures in and a spot to run the bases. You'll also find some beautiful views of the city.

2. Kiss Cam

Kiss cams are classic sporting event fun. In between the innings or whenever there's a lag in playtime they try and entertain the crowd on the field and on the big screen. There were plenty of cute couples, a few awkward moments and then the token lonely guy at the end with the sad song playing.
3. Stadium Food

I love stadium food, and the Braves stadium does not disappoint. We ate dinner before we got there, but I did have to get Dippin Dots because... it's the best. Don't argue with me on this. However they do have a huge selection including the typical pizza, burgers, hot dogs and the not so typical like Chikfila and Waffle House!

4. Celebrity Appearances

Celebrities love sporting events, but I rarely see them. However, a few innings in they start plying random movie clips like Batman and Beetlejuice. Then, they flash to the crowd and say The Braves are proud to welcome Michael Keaton to today's game! Yep, Batman was literally at the same Braves game as me. Sadly, he's a Pirates fan, but we can forgive him.
5. Simba Cam

This was probably my favorite part of the entertainment. They start playing The Circle of Life and cut to people holding their babies up like Simba in the Lion King! It was adorable and funny and I loved it.

6. The Chop

This is why we chop. The tomahawk chop is an Atlanta Braves tradition. I just love looking out around the stands and seeing everyone doing the chop. It looks really cool and it's a great way to rally the fans.
7. The Game

Did you think I'm one of those girls that goes to sporting events to take pictures, eat food and stare at the jumbotron? It's okay I forgive you. I actually do love baseball games. Everything listed above comes together for this awesome, cool experience, but at the heart of the night is a real game.

It was a pretty great game overall! We were winning almost the entire game until the end. I saw my first play review in baseball, that was kinda weird. The stadium booed the Pirates pitcher that just kept trying to throw our guy out at first instead of actually pitching. Then, the Pirates tied the game up at 4-4 in the 7th (I think). We both had chances to pull ahead and at the top of the 9th we knocked down each Pirate that came up to bat. At the bottom of the 9th Christian Bethancourt steps up to bat. We had already declared him our boy for the game, mostly because the first time he came up to bat we made fun of his name. His name isn't that funny, but it barely fit on the screen! He then proceeded to get on base every hit, so we formed an attachment to him. That's why I was so proud of our boy Christian when he hit a walk-off home run to win the game. It was an amazing ending to a wonderful day cheering on the Braves at Turner Field.
Basically I love the Braves, I love baseball and I can't wait for more games!

xx Kristen

1 comment: