Music is Everything

Sunday, April 5, 2015


Music is my favorite. It's an explosion of passion, poetry and talent. It can make you feel, make you dream, change your life.

There is nothing greater than hearing a band live in concert. You can just see it in their eyes. Yeah we hear the music, but they are the music. They live it, they bring it to life for us. There is nothing more beautiful than the passion a musician has.

My favorite thing about concerts is when the band plays 'that song' the one everyone knows, the song we've all been waiting for. And for that moment we are all connected. We are all feeling that same energy pulsing through our bodies. It's crazy to think that music can connect you to thousands of people. It's euphoric, it's pure, it's beautiful.

I can't sing, or play an instrument, so I've always been jealous of this one feeling I know I'll never get to experience. I can't even begin to to understand how amazing it must feel to be up there on stage singing a song you wrote, a song you poured your heat into, and hearing a stadium of fans singing your words back at you. Just knowing that this song that means so much to you means means so much to them.  I can only imagine it would be like tunnel vision. Trapped in this beautiful world, this beautiful song, that you helped write. You would feel so safe, so loved. I'm jealous that I'll never feel that warmth.

I wish I could get lost in something the way a singer gets lost in his music. I guess I'll just have to settle for singing along from the crowd.

xx Kristen

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!