The Rolling Stones Zip Code Tour

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Iconic. Epic. Unforgettable.

How do you even begin to describe a Rolling Stones concert? I was lucky enough to go to their Zip Code Tour at Bobby Dodd Stadium June 9th with my brother and my mom. It's an experience I won't ever forget. It was my younger brother's first concert and my mom had never seen the Stones live before. I loved that there was a mix of older people and people who hadn't even been alive when the Rolling Stone released their first album.
It honestly blows my mind that these guys have been preforming for over 50 years and can still put on such an amazing show! Mick Jagger was running up and down the stage, dancing, having the time of his life. Ronnie Wood came out later and was smoking a cigarette while playing the guitar. You could tell they were having so much fun up there, that even after all that time they still loved what they do.
I may not have known every single song, but they were all so great and they seriously sounded like you were listening to a CD at home. Their voices are still amazing. One of my favorite moments was when they played Satisfaction, which my mom had been looking forward to all night, and I looked over at my brother and my mom to my right and they were both so into the song and singing along and just having the best time. The Rolling Stones have crossed generations and created something that has withstood the test of time. They're truly iconic.
Some concert highlights included all of Mick Jagger's see through shirts, the Atlanta skyline behind the stage and the fact that their keyboardist, Chuck Leavell, is from Georgia.
I really do feel lucky to have gotten to witness the Rolling Stone preform. I wish I could put into words the energy that was inside that stadium. It was palpable, like everyone knew they were witnessing something special, something historic.
I grew up on classic rock. My dad kept the radio turned to 97.1 The River anytime we were in the car, he would crank up the volume and tap his fingers on the steering wheel like he was some teenager. Their love of rock n' roll has influenced my taste in music and it was so cool to get to see such a huge part of rock n' roll history live on stage.
Such a special night, such an amazing concert. I know it's only rock n' roll, but I like it.

xx Kristen

Brown Sugar - The Rolling Stones
Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones
It's Only Rock n' Roll - The Rolling Stones
Honky Tonk Woman - The Rolling Stones

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!