Halsey Badlands Tour

Monday, November 30, 2015

Buckhead Theater
October 16, 2015

If you haven’t heard of Halsey yet, listen up. She’s pop/rock with a bit of edge; her rebellious words and catchy beats will have you hooked in no time. Her songs have been all over Spotify playlists and her tour sold out too fast for me to get tickets.

Luckily for me, StubHub exists.  It was my first time using the secondhand ticket site, but I got a ticket last minute to her show for just a little over face value. Since I bought this ticket about 30 minutes before the show started, I just ended up going alone. It was a really cool experience, although I do love sharing music with my friends, being alone has its own advantages.

Buckhead Theater is a small venue; it’s general admission with a stage and then two levels of standing room space. I liked how intimate it was, and even though I was toward the back on the upper level I still had a pretty great view of Halsey.
I will say I was SURROUNDED by teenagers and they all seemed to be dressed the exact same. I saw space buns, flannel and a lot of crop tops. The rest of the group was mostly parents accompanying said teenage daughters. It was kind of nice though, no drunken idiots pushing people, no super tall guys putting their girlfriends on their shoulders and everyone there knew the words to all of her songs.

The concert itself was full of color; I could barely get a decent picture with all of the lights swirling around. Her outfits were great, she looked stunning up on stage and she sounded more amazing than she looked. Her voice really is unique and you can tell how much she connects with her songs.

I honestly love small concerts like this one, you feel so much closer and so connected to the artist. I also love the feeling of being there when everything starts, when they are so grateful to their fans and are still so in love with what they are doing. It’s amazing to be part of the moment when it all begins. She could disappear in a few years, or she could be playing stadiums, you never know. That feeling of uncertainty, of standing on the cusp of someone’s career is strange. I think the future is bright for Halsey and I look forward to seeing her get bigger and bigger.
Her entire album is amazing; you should give Badlands a listen. You’ll fall in love with her lyrics, her voice and her sound.  Watch out for her when she comes to Atlanta again in December to open up for The Weekend!

xx Kristen

Hold Me Down – Halsey
New Americana – Halsey
Ghost – Halsey
Hurricane – Halsey

Colors – Halsey

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!