Atlanta Adventures: Jekyll Brewing

Friday, June 26, 2015

Not quite Atlanta, but Jekyll Brewing in Alpharetta is a growing brewery with a unique space. My friend Ashley lived in Alpharetta and was moving to Midtown that coming Saturday so it was the perfect time to stop by before she moved away.

You pull up to the address and it doesn’t look like most of the big breweries you’ve heard of. However, when you walk inside you feel at home right away. The space is very open and since we went on a Wednesday it wasn’t too crowded. The staff was extremely friendly. I don’t usually talk to the volunteers, I get my pour and go, but the staff at Jekyll were so easy to talk to.
Inside you’ll find a few high top tables, a seating area with couches, a Ping-Pong table and a pinball machine. I also took a tour of the brewery, which I’ve surprisingly never done before. Our tour guide was great, pretty funny and it was actually his first day on the job. You should definitely take the tour, you can learn how they got the name Jekyll, it’s a cool story.

What I love about small breweries is that the people there really care about their customers. Not that bigger breweries don’t care, but the smaller ones are so happy and proud that you want to be there and support their dream that they show their appreciation. When time came for the brewery to close, nobody kicked us out, nobody turned off the taps. They offered us another pour and told us to take our time. 

I wish Jekyll wasn’t so far away; it was a really cool space. Hopefully we’ll make it back out that way sometime soon. Until then I’ll enjoy my Mason jar glass and Jekyll beer wherever it is served.

xx Kristen



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!