A Weekend In Atlanta - Kim Edition

Thursday, August 20, 2015

I am so far behind on writing this it’s not even funny. My friend Kim has already flown home to Denver and started law school again! She visited me probably a month ago while she was home for a few weeks during summer vacation. I only get to see her every like six months so it’s always exciting when she we reunite! So here’s what we did with our weekend in Atlanta!

Thursday

Kim came up around lunchtime and we spent the day at the malls shopping. There really isn’t anything better than a shopping day with your bestie. You always end up buying more things than usual though. We checked out the new Top Shop, picked up some Lush face-masks for later and bought way too much stuff.

That night we grabbed dinner at Atlantic Station and saw Paper Towns. It was a super cute movie, another great one from John Green. The cast was wonderful and it had a great message at the end. You should for sure see it; I’ve actually seen it twice now.
Friday

I took Kim to the Beltline, starting in Old Four Ward! I had never walked it and I figured it would be perfect during the day with less people. We started near Krog Street Market and walked pretty far. We didn’t make it to Piedmont Park, it was seriously so hot. We used Kim’s polaroid camera and took some great pics along the way. We wanted to get a juice from some place just off the Beltline, but they were closed for renovations. We settled on a couple of King of Pops popsicles and headed back to the car.

After eating some leftovers we had a spa day at home watching movies and enjoying our Lush face masks.

I took Kim to Dark Horse Tavern for dinner and then we went and watched Metal Karaoke! It’s one of the coolest things; the live band really makes the experience unique. We were front and center singing along to some amazing rock songs. We left around midnight to meet up with some friends at the Buckhead bars.

Saturday

We didn’t do a whole lot Saturday, but we did make it to Tin Lizzy’s for lunch and met up with some friends to watch Trainwreck in theaters! I’ve already talked about how much I love this movie. Kim and I usually end up seeing multiple movies when we get together, we love movies.


Sunday

Sunday was so much fun! We went to Tallulah Gorge in the North Georgia Mountains! I had wanted to do it for a while, and I knew Kim liked hiking so it was the perfect chance! The drive wasn’t too bad and Tallulah Falls was amazing! It’s not like a normal hike though, there are a million stairs you go up and down to get into the gorge and see the falls. It was a really cool experience! The suspension bridge was one of the best parts, slightly scary when people start trying to make it swing.

Before we left the area we stopped by a local BBQ place for lunch. It was absolutely delicious! Kim also got a huge basket of fried pickles, which were apparently really good too, not my thing.

It was such an amazing weekend and I loved getting to do some different things around Atlanta that I don’t normally get to do! It really sucks having your best friend live so far away, but it always makes our visits that much more fun! What should we do next time she’s in Atlanta?! Share some ideas with me in the comments!

xx Kristen 
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!