A Weekend In Atlanta

Thursday, July 30, 2015

My younger brother came to visit me in Atlanta for the weekend since he's heading off to college in a few weeks. I tried to show him different parts of the city so I thought I'd share. It was a pretty solid Atlanta weekend that I think anybody (tourists or residents) would enjoy!

Piedmont Park 

We started with lunch at Park Tavern, choosing to eat indoors since it was so hot outside. We then walked around the park, past the pond, through the athletic fields and up the big hills. I wish we had found a King of Pops or something to enjoy in the heat. It was just cool to show him the park and all of the great skyline views. I do wish it hadn't been as hot, we didn't stay as very long, but it's a great place to bring a frisbee or some cool treats and hang out.

College Football Hall of Fame

My brother and I are both really into college football and neither of us had been to the Hall of Fame before. The line was little long, but completely worth it. They made it super interactive and personal, plus the air conditioning was amazing. I graduated from the University of Georgia and Dylan is about to start college at Mississippi State. Right when you walk in you personalize your badges with what school you're representing. The big wall of helmets light up so that everyone knows someone from that school is there today. It's definitely worth a visit if you're a college football fan, we even got a discount with our college IDs.
Braves Game

This wasn't the best Braves game I've been to, it was hot and we lost to the Cubs. However, being there with my brother was awesome, our seats were in the shade and we picked up some jerseys from the gift shop there. Overall, not a bad way to spend a night.
North Fulton Golf Course 

My brother and I like golf a lot, but neither of us are super great at it. I like to play with him because I don't feel as embarrassed when I do poorly. He gives me tips and doesn't get upset that we play slow. By the end, Dylan was actually doing pretty well. The two guys we played with were super nice too. I always feel bad when we get paired with another couple because I hate holding people up. They weren't pros though so it worked out well.

The golf course was actually pretty nice and they had water every couple of holes, which was great since it was insanely hot outside. This golf course is right behind my apartment in Chastain Park, so it was super convenient.  We took a while to play and I'm not going to share our scores with you, but let's just say we won't be going pro anytime soon.
It was nice getting to spend time with my brother before he starts college in the fall and exploring the city I live in. There are still so many things in Atlanta that I haven't done yet and I've now lived here for a year! So here's to many more weekends in Atlanta, exploring the city I call home.

xx Kristen

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!