Artists I Love: James Bay

Thursday, July 7, 2016

 
Do I have a thing for British artists? Maybe. Regardless, one cannot deny the talent of James Bay. You probably know him for his hit Let It Go, but his entire debut album, Chaos and the Calm, is a work of art.

His music speaks to the soul. It makes me want to find a grassy hill to lay on and ponder life as a light breeze swirls around me. He's a singer-songwriter that puts his heart into each of his songs. It's so much easier to connect to songs when they already hold so much meaning with the person that wrote them. What's beautiful about it is that it probably doesn't hold the same meaning for any two people, everyone connects to his words differently.

I don't understand why more of his music isn't on the radio, especially with how well Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran have done. It seems like America loves British/Irish singer-songwriters and James Bay would fit in perfectly. I would love to hear Hold Back the River all over the radio-waves.

James Bay is coming to Music Midtown this year and I could not be more excited, I've been wanting to see him in concert for the longest time. What surprised me the most is that when I told my friends how great seeing him was going to be, they literally only knew his one song. Tragic. I will definitely be dragging them to his set in September so they can realize what a talented artist they are sleeping on. If you're going to Music Midtown in Atlanta this year don't miss James Bay.

xx Kristen

Let It Go - James Bay
Hold Back The River - James Bay
Craving - James Bay
Need The Sun To Break - James Bay
If You Ever Want To Be In Love - James Bay

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!