Top Five Friday

Friday, June 19, 2015

1. Coloring Book

I got this amazing coloring book in a care package from my lovely bestie Kim who lives super far away from me in Denver! We both share a love of art and pretty things, so I was so excited to see this! When I told our other friends about the adult coloring book, they had a different definition of the word “adult,” so I’m sorry to say it’s not that kind of book. 

2. Jurassic World

I saw this with my friend Allie opening weekend, it was so packed that we had to sit in two different rows, but right behind each other. If you’re wondering if this fourth installment lives up to the original Jurassic Park, I’m proud to say the answer is yes! Jurassic World captures the same magic Jurassic Park had all those years ago. My heart was pounding in parts and I found myself holding my breath. It seemed believable and like an epic adventure we were taking with the kids. Chris Pratt was wonderful as always and my other favorite character was probably Jake Johnson (Nick Miller from New Girl). There were also some cute throwbacks to the original movie, which I loved.

Jurassic Park was one of my favorite movies as a kid; so I was beyond excited to see Jurassic World. I can’t say enough good things about it. There were of course parts that were a little awkward or didn’t make sense, but none of that distracted from the beauty of the movie. If you haven’t, go see Jurassic World. I will 100% be purchasing this movie when it come out. 

3. Rolling Stones Shirt

I rarely get shirts at concerts, they’re expensive and I don’t wear them super often. However, I couldn’t pass up a chance to get a Rolling Stones shirt. My brother got a really cool one too, but I love the American flag tongue one I picked. You can read about the Rolling Stones concert I went to here.

4. Mumford and Sons: Wilder Mind

Kim, being the amazing friend she is, also sent me the new Mumford and Sons CD! Having a friend that loves music as much as you is great because then we can recommend music to each other and send each other CDs we know the other will love. Their new CD is great, give it a listen! The Wolf and Believe are two of my fast favorites!

5. Arden’s Garden Smoothies

I love smoothies, and I’ve tried making them in a blender, but it’s just so time consuming and I’m not very good at it. So these are the perfect solution! They’re fresh and delicious. My favorites are Pump Up the Protein and Real Energy. I’m slowly working my way toward green smoothies and maybe even the juices they make, but I’m keeping it fruity in the meantime.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
 xx Kristen

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!