Kenny Chesney: The Big Revival Tour

Thursday, June 25, 2015

When four amazing country artists come to the Georgia Dome for an epic night of country music, you have to grab a huge group of your friends and go.

June 13th The Big Revival Tour rolled into Atlanta with Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Brantley Gilbert and Chase Rice. Honestly, Kenny isn’t one of those artists I’m obsessed with. His songs are great, he’s been around a long time, but I’ve never really gotten him. However, watching him preform live changed my mind!

I was heartbroken that we got to the Dome late and actually missed Chase Rice’s entire set! He is so great and I love his songs, his latest radio hit is a cover of SoMo’s Ride. I’m sure he looked amazing and that he sounded great, hopefully I’ll get to see him preform live one day. I did get to hear him sing for a few minutes, he came out and sang She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy with Kenny at the end of the show. It was wonderful.

We got there just before Brantley Gilbert came on. I’ve always loved Brantley, his songs range from sweet love songs (My Kind of Crazy) to epic country rock songs (Bottoms Up). He’s just recently started releasing new music, for the longest time I just had to listen to his Halfway to Heaven album on repeat. Check out his newest single, One Hell of an Amen.

I was probably most excited to finally see Eric Church live! He is honestly one of my favorite country artists. Songs like Springsteen, Talladega, Drink In My Hand, Love Your Love The Most are all so wonderful and I could listen to them forever! His voice is so different; you can always pick him out in a song. He’s really the kind of artist you want to listen to on a sunny summer day driving around with the windows down.

Eric did not disappoint. We were pretty far away from the stage, but his songs filled the stadium while my friends and I got swept away in his music. Holding onto my best friends and singing all of our favorite country songs can’t be matched. All of his songs probably mean a little something different to each of us, and yet they can bring us all together. I was honestly sad to see him walk off the stage.
As I said before, I really enjoy Kenny’s music, but I have never been crazy or obsessed with him. Let me tell you, seeing Kenny Chesney live won me over. His stage presence and energy is beautiful. He’s so into the crowd and his music that you can’t help but go on this country journey with him. He played hit after hit and little by little, I began to see why my friend Lindsey had seen him in concert 16 times. It’s one of those intangibles; he just has “it.”
Country concerts are some of my favorites, they love the music they’re singing, they love their fans and they bring so much energy to every performance they have. Experiencing some of my favorite artists with my best friends, made for an unforgettable night.

xx Kristen  

You and Tequila – Kenny Chesney
I Go Back – Kenny Chesney
The Boys of Fall – Kenny Chesney
Summertime – Kenny Chesney

Come Over – Kenny Chesney

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!