Weezer and Panic! At The Disco Summer Tour

Thursday, August 11, 2016





June 16, 2016
Lakewood Amphitheater

 
Did you dream of Beverly Hills in middle school? Did you write sins not tragedies?  I know I did and that's why seeing Panic! At the Disco and Weezer was a dream come true.

Full disclosure, this wasn't just a nostalgia thing for me. I bought Panic!'s new CD when it came out and it's freaking amazing. I saw them at Music Midtown last year and knew they were going to bring the house down at Lakewood. 
I like both bands, but you could definitely see a divide among the people there were there to see Panic! At the Disco and those that were there to see Weezer. Even in the group of people I went with, some were more excited for one than the other. If I had to chose what side I was on, it would be Panic. 
Y'all, Brendon Urie's voice is actually insane. The sound of his voice and the notes he can hit just blow my mind. He's the only person left of the original band but because he's the lead singer you would probably never guess that. 

I knew all of their old hits and their new songs (again they're amazing, buy Death of a Bachelor) so I had the time of my life jumping up and down and belting out every word. 
They also always sing Bohemian Rhapsody and just absolutely kill it. So that at least got all the non believers up on their feet singing. When they finally played I Write Sins Not Tragedies the entire place went nuts. You couldn't escape that song in middle school, not even the Weezer fans. 

If you ever get a chance to see Panic! at the Disco, do it. Watch Brendon in all his glory doing a backflip shirtless while hitting a beautifully high note. 
The other half I enjoyed way more than I had originally planned to. Yeah I like Weezer, yeah I knew their hits and had bought a few new song of theirs (their new stuff is great too, buy it). But I didn't think I would get as into it as I did. They have been around for sooo long and they are still crushing it. Their presence, their voices and their energy were at an all time high. I loved watching them preform, I loved singing along with them and I loved just dancing to any of the songs I didn't know.
These bands clearly had a special place in our hearts from middle and high school, but how impressive is it that they can still do this to a crowd? That they can still put out new music and tour and people are still losing their minds. I love that they both stood the test of time. That their fans never stopped loving them, that they never stopped loving their own music.
It was, in a word, electrifying. I hope they keep doing what they're doing, singing music they love and playing to fans that love them back.

xx Kristen

This is Gospel - Panic! At The Disco
I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At The Disco
Hallelujah - Panic! At The Disco
Victorious - Panic! At The Disco
Miss Jackson - Panic! At The Disco
The Ballad of Mona Lisa - Panic! At The Disco

Beverly Hills - Weezer
Say It Ain't So - Weezer
Island In The Sun - Weezer
Perfect Situation - Weezer
California Kids - Weezer

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!