Ed Sheeran Concert

Monday, September 28, 2015

I didn’t think it was possible to love Ed Sheeran more than I already did, but then I saw him live. Live music is always a unique experience, you could see the same artist five times and never see the same show or feel the same things. That’s what I love about seeing artists live, it’s like falling in love with them all over again.

An Ed Sheeran concert is like no other concert you will ever experience. It’s literally just Ed on stage with his guitar. There’s no band, no fancy dancers or crazy gimmicks, it’s just him and his music.
He uses this thing called a loop, he can record himself playing a note or singing a line and then it loops and becomes his background. He’s his own backup vocals and his own band. It’s crazy to see one man have so much control over his own sound. This does make the songs take a little but longer to get started since he has to set them up, but who’s really complaining about more Ed up on stage?

Ed’s show starts with adorable baby pictures and videos on his giant screen behind the stage. Little ginger Ed with his glasses, and then big Ed walks out and you can just feel that he’s living his dream.
That screen behind him was actually a huge part of his show. Like I said it’s just him up there, he’s not really running around or dancing or interacting with the nonexistent band members, so they made the screen do some really cool things. The screen had outlines of Ed, Lego men, his Thinking Out Loud video and some vivid colors. It really made his performances more dynamic and allowed you to focus on his voice.

I can’t even pick a favorite song that Ed Sheeran preformed, they were all so amazing. I honestly do love it when he raps though, so if I was forced to pick I might have to pick Take it Back. He just gets so into it, he looks so happy, he really loves the music he creates.
Ed Sheeran has so much talent in his body. I’ve never seen somebody understand music so completely, it’s just like breathing to him. Ed would be singing a song and then seamlessly transition into somebody else’s hit record. He so gets how beats and sounds and songs go together that he can deconstruct two songs and blend them together. He was singing You Need Me and then went straight into Drake’s “I was running through the six with my woes” and then finished his own song. It just shows how truly talented he is.
I need to take a second to go back, and talk about how wonderfully talented Ed’s opening act Christina Perri is. She’s so adorable, like the cutest. She was so happy and sweet and talented. She’s got some pretty big hits of her own, but seeing her live made me want more. She’s just so talented and her voice is incredibly powerful. Everyone needs to start giving her a second thought, she’s great.

We had some pretty great seats, Philips Arena is an amazing concert venue, it’s not too big so you feel fairly close to the artist no matter where you are. Sharing the experience with my friends is always one of my favorite parts of music, I love looking over at them singing along and feeling connected through music.
I will see Ed Sheeran any time he comes to my city, he’s one of the most talented musicians I have ever had the pleasure of seeing live and I know he’s going to continue to blow me away. So I leave you with one of my favorite Ed Sheeran lines, “They say I’m up and coming like I’m fucking in an elevator."

xx Kristen 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!